- A third lane for the M8 in Glasgow – at almost no cost!
- Brexitday meal.
- The Enerconic or society energy multiplier
- When theory hits the buffer – maybe CO2 does not have an effect?
- Understanding Global Temperature IX – the role of CO2
- The Paris Treaty is Dead
- Understanding Global Temperature VIII – It was the greens wot warmed us!!
- Enerconics II
- SNP: liars & economically insane.
- All time Top Articles
- Understanding the Global Temperature VII
- Understanding the Global Temperature VI
- The Science
- Revised Temperature prediction
- Understanding the Global Temperature V – Met Balloon Data
- Understanding Global Temperature IV
- Understanding the Global Temperature III
- Senator Inhofe retiring in 2020
- Petition: Abolish House of Lords & replace with a people’s assembly
- Understanding the Global Temperature II
Category Archives: My Best Articles
When Lewandowsky tried to attack climate sceptics as “moon landing conspiracists”, it opened my eyes to the possibility of using what he called “conspiracy ideationism” to attack groups and the possibility that it can be used to hide the truth. … Continue reading
[Note: This post reports confirmation that the theory I presented a while back on tectonic plate movement has been confirmed and is sound science. However, given the deafening silence I will make it sticky for a while.] Back in 2015 … Continue reading
I’ve been watching the tweets of every MSP and MP for the last fortnight – and whilst I had a pretty dim opinion of our “pro-oil anti-fossil-fuel) Holyrood MSPs before I’ve started, I’ve gone from thinking they’re deluded to thinking … Continue reading
WUWT found an interesting video in which Obama and Merkel talk about the role of the internet in changing politics: To be totally frank: Obama and Merkel must find it incredibly difficult to understand politics where many people have given … Continue reading
Whether you believe in global warming or not, few can doubt that the system of climate monitoring is broke and that public trust is at an all time low. Having observed the “system” from outside for over a decade now, … Continue reading
The physics of falling particularly related to rough ground appears to be one of those areas which for some reason hasn’t had a lot of research. This article sets out the various issues and is an initial stab at trying … Continue reading
Published on Amazon in Kindle version. The Academic Ape: Instinctive aggression and boundary enforcing behaviour in academia
The way global warming works is complex and multifaceted, and no single model will encompass all the effects neatly into one package. However there are two simplifications in common use. One (the heat trapping model) presents a view of a … Continue reading
Following yesterday’s article about lapse rate I was frustrated by what I left out. So as a mental exercise, I set myself the challenge of putting down something about all the major things that affect climate and particularly global temperature. … Continue reading
Can variations in lapse rate & cloud cover explain ice-age temperature changes and the inter-glacial “hard stop”?
I woke up this morning thinking about the most fundamental issue of climate: If the temperature of the earth is set by the blackbody radiation temperature of the earth … and that is fixed in turn by the sun … … Continue reading