- Can you spot the cause of “global” warming?
- EU: two years of utter crap – and then we leave + new PM
- The banning of Scottish dawn – What’s this about – a police state?
- The hardest word in Science is “sorry”
- And it looks like it’s all over
- Is there really little fundamental difference between Smoke & steam?
- Is the internet Killing Scottish Teaching?
- The future of marriage
- Evolutionary Theory of Humour
- Social boundary theory of humour – predictions for psychiatry
- Enerconics simplified
- Pizzagate true or false? Verdict: likely both a real scandal AND fake news.
- Do Braided Rivers exist?
- What to do in a car in water
- How to lose pounds (weight) with the Low-Carb diet
- UK to leave EU with no deal
- Britain votes for Easy Brexit
- Madeleine McCann: A good way to bury bad news?
- How politicians mislead the public
- Politicians don’t lie.
Category Archives: internet Revolution
I’ve been watching the tweets of every MSP and MP for the last fortnight – and whilst I had a pretty dim opinion of our “pro-oil anti-fossil-fuel) Holyrood MSPs before I’ve started, I’ve gone from thinking they’re deluded to thinking … Continue reading
Whenever someone challenges me for not believing in this or that “expert” I have a simple response: “I’m an expert on experts – I’ve written a book** on the subject and trust me, you can’t believe experts” Of course, if … Continue reading
WUWT found an interesting video in which Obama and Merkel talk about the role of the internet in changing politics: To be totally frank: Obama and Merkel must find it incredibly difficult to understand politics where many people have given … Continue reading
Back in the days when books had to be written, they were very precious objects, because a book like the bible would takes months, even years, to produce. In today’s money that’s of the order of £10,000 for a book. … Continue reading
For a long time I’ve been highlighting the loss of power and influence of the once “mainstream” media as the internet & social media takes over as the channel of choice for most people for news. But I thought their … Continue reading
The press, hammered by lost advertising revenue, are now little more than copy and paste merchants. The result is the “reality” politicians see is increasingly an uncritical mirror of themselves. We’ve all seen the graph below. This shows that the … Continue reading
Back in January I began realising that society was going through a massive social change as a result of social media. It started with the realisation that the mainstream on climate was no longer the “mainstream” media, but in reality … Continue reading
Stewgreen dropped me a link to an ABC chat on almost the same subject as my previous article on the end of the UK university. ABC The Science Show: Will online learning replace the university campus? Here is the transcript:-