- PhDs – Making use of the vast pool of skilled retired people
- Happy #Brexitday
- CO2 was not cause of Global Warming between 1979-1993
- Addendum to proof disproved?
- Understanding Global temperatures X – 1970s Global cooling and 2000s Pause
- Guardian: in despair at Trump & still haemorrhaging profits
- “Proof” disproved and then further proof re Global temperature
- Predicting Planetary Temperature (without referring to radiation)
- Predicting the surface temperature on other planets
- Initial Results of Survey
- What Causes global temperature – Quiz
- A third lane for the M8 in Glasgow – at almost no cost!
- Brexitday meal.
- The Enerconic or society energy multiplier
- When theory hits the buffer – maybe CO2 does not have an effect?
- Understanding Global Temperature IX – the role of CO2
- The Paris Treaty is Dead
- Understanding Global Temperature VIII – It was the greens wot warmed us!!
- Enerconics II
- SNP: liars & economically insane.
Category Archives: Ice age
Following yesterday’s article about lapse rate I was frustrated by what I left out. So as a mental exercise, I set myself the challenge of putting down something about all the major things that affect climate and particularly global temperature. … Continue reading
Can variations in lapse rate & cloud cover explain ice-age temperature changes and the inter-glacial “hard stop”?
I woke up this morning thinking about the most fundamental issue of climate: If the temperature of the earth is set by the blackbody radiation temperature of the earth … and that is fixed in turn by the sun … … Continue reading
This article is one of a number I’ve been doing developing my ideas on the Ice-age cycle. I will try to summarise the key ideas and explain how they fit. However, with such a complex subject and so many new … Continue reading
There’s a good article by Ralph Ellis online about ice-age: Albedo regulation of Ice Ages, with no CO2 feedbacks. I’m on the move today, so I can’t do much, but quickly scanning it I note he reaches the same … Continue reading
C14 dating shows oddities: Cosmic rays, earth’s magnetic field or more evidence for the Caterpillar?
In the new study using samples taken from Xingkai Lake near the Sino-Russian border in Heilongjiang province, researchers have discovered a discrepancy between two dating methods: radiocarbon dating and another method known as optically stimulated luminescence. C14 dating uses the … Continue reading
In my previous post I suggested that the addition of gases to the atmosphere from volcanic activity could have increased the atmospheric pressure and that would have changed global temperature giving us the current warm interglacial. Today I thought it … Continue reading
I’ve been struggling to get facebook to show Josh’s wonderful cartoon which I published in More Caterpillars: The Leaky Atmosphere Hypothesis – is global pressure a proxy for global temperature? Hope this works!
More Caterpillars: The Leaky Atmosphere Hypothesis – is global pressure a proxy for global temperature?
Most of this article was written before Roger Tallbloke pointed out that the suggestion the earth’s global temperature is controlled by the earth’s pressure was suggested by Nikolov & Zeller before 2011 (but on longer timescales). This means key point … Continue reading
There’s a reasonable correlation between atmospheric pressure and the “greenhouse effect” found on various planets and whilst some “Skydragons” might appear to have some crazy ideas, it’s reasonable to accept that rising pressure would cause warming. Somewhere online I had … Continue reading