- Gab is great – why not join me! @haseler
- How Mars killed Global Warming
- The tide has turned on the global warming scam
- A Unified Theory of Recent Political Strife II
- Saint Patrick born in Roman Nemeton (Old Kilpatrick)
- Search for the Guilty
- A Unified Theory of Recent Political Strife
- A Massive Hoax Exposes Social Justice in Academia (Full Interview)
- Climategate in Retrospect
- The Revolution cometh
- Treacherous remainers: how to win a vote & lose the war
- Brexit Fake Scares
- Merry Xmas
- Urban heating explained
- Please sign petition: Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.
- PC fascism: it’s already here LITERALLY!
- Brazil backs out of hosting 2019 UN climate summit
- Anti-male propaganda
- Time to reform academia
- Tommy Robinson – Vindicated
Top Posts & Pages
- The Truth about the Highland Clearances
- Scots: more words for rain than Eskimos for snow
- Factors affecting global temperature
- Why the CO2 "heat trapping" or Greenhouse "blanket" model is wrong
- How to run a house off the car battery
- The Physics of falling over
- Enerconics: The Relationship between Energy and GDP
- GreenHouse Effect
- A complete description of factors affecting global temperature
Category Archives: Ice age
True to form Anders has commented that ” A recent paper by Lehner et al. shows that all large eruption since 1951 coincided with El Niño events.” Of course he completely fails to realise the importance of this and then … Continue reading
Following yesterday’s article about lapse rate I was frustrated by what I left out. So as a mental exercise, I set myself the challenge of putting down something about all the major things that affect climate and particularly global temperature. … Continue reading
Can variations in lapse rate & cloud cover explain ice-age temperature changes and the inter-glacial “hard stop”?
I woke up this morning thinking about the most fundamental issue of climate: If the temperature of the earth is set by the blackbody radiation temperature of the earth … and that is fixed in turn by the sun … … Continue reading
This article is one of a number I’ve been doing developing my ideas on the Ice-age cycle. I will try to summarise the key ideas and explain how they fit. However, with such a complex subject and so many new … Continue reading
There’s a good article by Ralph Ellis online about ice-age: Albedo regulation of Ice Ages, with no CO2 feedbacks. I’m on the move today, so I can’t do much, but quickly scanning it I note he reaches the same … Continue reading
C14 dating shows oddities: Cosmic rays, earth’s magnetic field or more evidence for the Caterpillar?
In the new study using samples taken from Xingkai Lake near the Sino-Russian border in Heilongjiang province, researchers have discovered a discrepancy between two dating methods: radiocarbon dating and another method known as optically stimulated luminescence. C14 dating uses the … Continue reading
In my previous post I suggested that the addition of gases to the atmosphere from volcanic activity could have increased the atmospheric pressure and that would have changed global temperature giving us the current warm interglacial. Today I thought it … Continue reading
I’ve been struggling to get facebook to show Josh’s wonderful cartoon which I published in More Caterpillars: The Leaky Atmosphere Hypothesis – is global pressure a proxy for global temperature? Hope this works!
More Caterpillars: The Leaky Atmosphere Hypothesis – is global pressure a proxy for global temperature?
Most of this article was written before Roger Tallbloke pointed out that the suggestion the earth’s global temperature is controlled by the earth’s pressure was suggested by Nikolov & Zeller before 2011 (but on longer timescales). This means key point … Continue reading
There’s a reasonable correlation between atmospheric pressure and the “greenhouse effect” found on various planets and whilst some “Skydragons” might appear to have some crazy ideas, it’s reasonable to accept that rising pressure would cause warming. Somewhere online I had … Continue reading