- Election 8th June – a Scottish perspective
- A Sceptic University
- School of Scepticism
- A Scottish Panama Canal
- Sceptical of sceptics?
- Contrail warming in context
- The cause of 1970-2000 warming.
- Help needed from Old Americans who can remember 1950s re old July 4th celebrations
- The biggest global experiment disproving CO2 as the main cause of late 20th century warming
- Is the regionality of the little ice-age proof against CO2 warming?
- Pause for thought
- Animation proving link between SO2 reducing areas and warming
- More on China SO2
- Why climate models fail!
- Important!! Air pollution causes both Cooling AND warming
- Evidence for air pollution affecting climate
- CO2 92% incompatible with available evidence, 91% compatible with EAIW
- PhDs – Making use of the vast pool of skilled retired people
- Happy #Brexitday
- CO2 was not cause of Global Warming between 1979-1993
Category Archives: Caterpillar
Addbeginum The following is a graph of the density of ice: When I first wrote the article, I said that ice expands when heated. Then I realised that ice expands when it forms, so I then reworked the article to … Continue reading
The Caterpillar effect has been proven to exist, not just by one predicted outcome but two. And now this tremendous step forward in the understanding of our planet stands as one of the great discoveries … no? Of course not! … Continue reading
Massive Volcanic eruptions with clouds of sulphur gas caused runaway heating that ended ice-age claims Independent Scientist.
Press Release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE A Scottish independent scientist & blogger from Glasgow has found evidence that a massive increase in volcanic activity at the end of the ice-age triggered runaway global warming turning the earth from a frozen wasteland … Continue reading
[Note: This post reports confirmation that the theory I presented a while back on tectonic plate movement has been confirmed and is sound science. However, given the deafening silence I will make it sticky for a while.] Back in 2015 … Continue reading
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you will have heard me refer to the climate “Hard stop”. See e.g. “Can variations in lapse rate & cloud cover explain ice-age temperature changes and the inter-glacial “hard stop”?” To explain … Continue reading
I’ve been trying to find records of long term atmospheric pressure change. So, far I’m found a very unstatistically significant increase in
Roger Tallbloke asked a very sensible question: “So you have evidence of 100kyr swings in volcanicicty? Why haven’t they been spotted before?” Just to recap, the caterpillar theory says that thermal expansion of the crust leads to tectonic plate movement … Continue reading
The way global warming works is complex and multifaceted, and no single model will encompass all the effects neatly into one package. However there are two simplifications in common use. One (the heat trapping model) presents a view of a … Continue reading
I’ve already written a few articles on the possibility of atmospheric air pressure change causing the temperature change over the ice age: (overview, calculations), this suggests that if the air pressure increased by 30% that would be enough on its … Continue reading
True to form Anders has commented that ” A recent paper by Lehner et al. shows that all large eruption since 1951 coincided with El Niño events.” Of course he completely fails to realise the importance of this and then … Continue reading