It’s us, not the US who have the hate filled broadcaster.

When I was younger and still under the influence of the BBC, I used to occasionally see US non-mainstream presenters and their hate filled bile (I presume as part of BBC broadcasting in the vein of “look how lucky you are to have the BBC”.

Then this morning, listening to the BBC on Trump and Brexit, I realised I was listening to the same hate filled bile oozing from them. Obviously the language is toned down, but its the same sentiment of disdain, disparaging Brexit and Trump for not agreeing with the BBC political party orthodoxy.

The difference of course, is that in the US, they have a choice of who to watch and listen to, but in the UK, the massive public subsidy kills off any commercial competition to the BBC. So they (and the clone like politics in public subsided Channel 4) have a virtual monopoly on “intellectual” programming. Indeed, “intellectuals”, meaning a few politicians and academics have a channel devoted to brainwashing them: Radio 4. The result is that our “elite” (as they see themselves) are so completely brain-washed by the BBC hate filled bile, that they just inherently adopt the attitudes of the BBC and cannot fathom why anyone could complain when they parrot the brainwashed propaganda.

The more I don’t listen to the BBC or watch its programming, the more I realise the few times I listen, that the self-destructive political movement that has constantly attacked anyone proud to be British and demanded that we live in a “post-industrial” society (which is about as insane as saying a “post-medicine society” or a “post-university society”) … these “cancerous” self-destructive fads all seem to come from the BBC.

Britain is already a Big Brother state – and that big brother is the BBC. And it has been like this for a long time. What has changed now, is not the BBC – but the fact that millions of us can now see the world outside Britain through the internet. We can talk to our peers in other countries, and so when the BBC describes the wall as Trump’s “pet project”, we know that 10s of millions of US citizens only voted for Trump because he would tackle immigration.

In no sense can it be described as Trump’s pet project. If anything, it is the demands of the people that Trump (himself a member of the “elite”) has had the sense to take on board. And I know that, because I know ordinary Americans want something done, and I learnt that through what I hear on the internet. So, I know the BBC are totally lying about the lack of support for the wall, and instead they are intentionally trying to belittle the project and Trump. And that was but one instance – indeed, the only reason I’m listening to the BBC at the moment, is that they so hate Trump and Brexit, that it’s amusing to watch their antics as they try desperately to pretend more than ever that they are impartial when they clearly are not.

Because of the internet, and the fact I hear the views of the world from the barking dogs themselves and not third hand through the BBC, I know we are getting hate-filled propaganda lies constantly beamed to us through the BBC. And now I realise, it is  not the US, who have the hate filled broadcasters …  broadcasting to a few who deign to listen, but instead we have the hate filled BBC forcibly fed to almost the entire population of the UK.

And if it were not for the internet, I’d never have known it – I’d be another BBC attack clone.

This entry was posted in Climate. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to It’s us, not the US who have the hate filled broadcaster.

1. Look at this recent tweet from BBC news. Fake news? Or a blatant lie?

• TinyCO2 says:

I watched a TV ‘debate’ some years ago where they had people on a satellite feed in Israel, Palestine, the US, the UK and a few others. None of the interviewees could hear the others, they could only hear the BBC host. After the first person spoke, their words were paraphrased but with the strongest, rudest or most reactionary interpretation of what had been said. Needless to say the next person was alarmed by what the other person had ‘said’ and rose to the bait. Their words were then paraphrased and bumped up in tone and related back. By the end, each was convinced that the others were trouble makers, whereas it was the BBC that was guilty of stirring. It’s the same thing trolls do.

2. TinyCO2 says:

I was exposed to the BBC brand of truth quite early. My Dad was a power station manager and held various positions in the CEGB during the miner strike years and after. It became obvious that the BBC hated industry, management and anything approaching pragmatism.

I watched them sneer at my chosen career (IT) as the preserve of nerds and nutters. I remember a BBC Breakfast episode where a group of presenters and guests laughingly admitted that they knew nothing of computers and wouldn’t sully themselves with them. I thought how outraged they’d be if a guest said ‘oh I know nothing about Shakespear’s work and doubt I’ll ever find a use for it.’ They were proud of their ignorance. Then in the space of 12 months they completely changed their tune and every other sentence started www dot.

Hatred for Conservatives has always been woven through their output. It’s a joy to watch their ambivalence to Corbyn. They’re delighted with his hard left attitude but realise that he’s enelectable. They much preferred Blair with his trick of delivering the Left utopia on borrowed and asset stripped money.

All those years where the BBC oozed poison against anyone or anything they deemed unacceptable made me loath the BBC long before CAGW or Brexit came along.

• Scottish-Sceptic says:

I used to accept this idea of a “post-industrial” society, but the turning point for me came, when I studied why the Danes had been successful with wind energy, and I realised their success was being they had a much better attitude to industry and engineering. And indeed, windmills are just another form of heavy industry made of thick welded metal and big generators – basically the same kind of structure as a ship – something that was supposedly “the past”, which the BBC were now trumpeting as “the future”.

3. Tom says:

So…..In a so-called “post-industrial” nation, who would provide the money with which the government supports the BBC?

• TinyCO2 says:

They pin their hopes on us all being office workers. Apart from the risk of putting all your eggs in one basket and being a hostage to external price fluctuations, it assumes that everyone is suited to an office job or even something manual but self managed like a plumber. People who work for money from taxation, are very negligent of how that money gets to them. They consider it an inexhaustible supply.

4. oldbrew says:

BBC Today presenter Justin Webb was floating the idea that Trump was ‘deranged’ (JW’s word) this morning. I guess this means he can’t understand where Trump is getting his ideas from ;-)

5. Pingback: Samizdata quote of the day « Samizdata